Funny Job posting

Colin McGregor colin.mc151-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Tue Jun 16 20:05:34 UTC 2009

On 6/16/09, Rajinder Yadav <devguy-DaQTI0RpDDMAvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org> wrote:

> and it's titled, "Junior Network Administrator / ..." LOL

Yes, I read the job posting, and I was thinking "What drugs is this
person on? If the drugs in question are not currently illegal, they
ought to be."

Some requirements, fluency in 6 languages ("English, French
(Parisienne, not quebecois), Urdu, Hindi, Mandarin and Russian"), "24+
years Linux experience" (Linus Torvalds, creator of Linux only has
some 18 years of Linux experience). Also, why should the sort of car
you drive impact on employability ("Vehicle: We're looking for someone
with a nice vehicle, preferably something in the 50-60k range. Fully
licensed and insured. Must pay over $200 insurance each month.").

Now, I know some employers ask for a bit more than they expect to get,
but this is absurd... Bottom line is that there is NOBODY on planet
Earth that could fill all of the requirements for this job...

I had to look this up, MMA = Mixed Martial Arts...

Colin McGregor