version-control/collaboration on odf documents?

matt.price-H217xnMUJC0sA/PxXw9srA at public.gmane.org matt.price-H217xnMUJC0sA/PxXw9srA at public.gmane.org
Tue Jun 16 00:15:40 UTC 2009

Quoting "Aviss,Tyler" <tjaviss-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org>:

> Any version control tool should work, we use GIT at work and I've since
> started with it at home as it's pretty simple yet efficient for basic
> needs.

hi, sorry sent that out before i'd finished writing.  Here's the
thing:  I'm trying to collaborate with a non-technical colleague.  I
can get him to use openoffice, but command-line manipulations are a
little beyond him.  Also, I'd like to be able to browse changes in a
manageable way -- i'm not sure how easy it would be to dothati n git
with zipped files.    I'm trying out o3spaces, but it seems *very*
heavy -- on my ancient server box, the java process eats up memory
(300M+ out of 512M), and the 'workplace assistant' takes a toll on my
relatively quick laptop.  I keep hoping maybe there's a solution that
will work from within openoffice, but maybe there isn't,  and i'll
have to just use google apps.  Anyway, thanks as always for advice!
matt