OpenVPN constantly dropping

Robert Brockway robert-5LEc/6Zm6xCUd8a0hrldnti2O/JbrIOy at public.gmane.org
Thu Jun 11 18:29:50 UTC 2009

On Wed, 10 Jun 2009, Madison Kelly wrote:

> Got it!
>
> I setup a second computer using the same certificate... Doh!

"That's not a bug that's a feature!" :)

The error message in Madi's post mentioned this but it is worth expanding
on:  OpenVPN will not allow two computers with the same Common Name (CN)
to connect at the same time by default.  This bevaviour can be disabled at
the server, eg if you are using a shared cert.

Cheers,

Rob

--
I tried to change the world but they had a no-return policy