topics 2009 summer and autumn

Christopher Browne cbbrowne-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Thu Jun 11 00:26:02 UTC 2009

On Wed, Jun 10, 2009 at 6:52 PM, Chris F.A. Johnson<cfaj-uVmiyxGBW52XDw4h08c5KA at public.gmane.org> wrote:
>    sshfs?

Yeah, I'm sure there are such things...

I gather I forgot about ext4 :-).

The profuse quantity is very much the point of the exercise...

This should NOT just be "oh, here's the 3 that I've found I use fairly
frequently" - there is merit in a "stump the crowd, I've got
filesystems you didn't think of!" approach.

The "fun-but-preposterous" one I recently saw a demo of was...
http://git.postgresql.org/gitweb?p=postgresqlfs.git;a=summary

FUSE lets people do some wacky stuff :-).  I was trying to use it a
couple weeks ago for something that declined to work...  Oh, yeah,
someone has implemented an iPod Touch interface via FUSE.
http://matt.colyer.name/projects/iphone-linux/index.php?title=Main_Page
  Alas, it didn't work for me :-(.
Josh Billings  - "Every man has his follies - and often they are the
most interesting thing he has got." -
http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/j/josh_billings.html