OpenVPN constantly dropping

teddymills teddy-5sHjOODPK7E at public.gmane.org
Wed Jun 10 22:56:52 UTC 2009

enable the openvpn log option and choose the "verb"osity

(not sure if enabling from the server side or client side
would be more informative)

Richard Weait wrote:
> On Wed, 2009-06-10 at 17:15 -0400, Madison Kelly wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>>    I've got an Ubuntu 9.04 machine that uses OpenVPN to connect to a
>> small network of servers. I've noticed recently that it seems to "drop"
>> the connection about once every one to five minutes. Restarting the
>> 'openvpn' daemon on the client gets the connection working again, for a
>> minute or so.
>>
>>    Anyone else run into this? Watching '/var/log/messages' seems to show
>> nothing, though I am not sure that is where it's error might get logged
>> to. Any tips?
>
> Client-server version mis-match?

[ Teddy David Mills System Administrator TMIS.ca  ]
[ Teddys Virtual Space of Sciences, Technology    ]
[ Music, Media, Linux and Open Source             ]
[ http://vger1.dyndns.org                         ]
[ http://vger1.dyndns.org/wordpress               ]