good deal on slim external DVD writer (useful if you bought a netbook)

Lennart Sorensen lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Mon Jun 1 20:46:41 UTC 2009

On Wed, May 27, 2009 at 11:59:46AM -0400, D. Hugh Redelmeier wrote:
> Today's "shell shocker(R)" from newegg.ca is a slim DVD writer that is
> USB-powered at a pretty good price ($56.99 "including shipping").
>
> I have no experience with this device.  I have a similar device but mine
> is powered by AC unfortunately.
>
> http://www.newegg.ca/Special/ShellShocker.aspx

Well my wife just got an EEEPC 1008HA and I just picked up a SATA LG DVD
recorder and a vantec 5-1/4" enclosure to put it in.  Sure it is twice the
size of the EEEPC, but how often does one need to install stuff from disk?
Just use the network in general.  That's why they call them netbooks.

--
Len Sorensen