CentOS Project Administrator Goes AWOL

Robert Brockway robert-5LEc/6Zm6xCUd8a0hrldnti2O/JbrIOy at public.gmane.org
Fri Jul 31 17:33:27 UTC 2009

On Thu, 30 Jul 2009, ted leslie wrote:

> wow, i wonder if he took the money and ran? this will really put a lot
> of distros under the microscope if it goes south. distro's should have a
> trust set up for the funds, and proper procedure to spend them (not
> allowing a grab and run)

Which is preciely what Software in the Public Interest is for.  It will
hold funds on behalf of projects, handle accounting and can act as a legal
entity for the project.  This cuts down on the administrative overhead for
projects and allows them to get on with developing their apps.

http://spi-inc.org/

Cheers,

Rob

--
I tried to change the world but they had a no-return policy
Projected IPv4 exhaustion: http://www.potaroo.net/tools/ipv4/index.html