Slowing Linux to a crawl

Giles Orr gilesorr-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Thu Jul 30 15:13:22 UTC 2009

2009/7/30 Lennart Sorensen <lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org>:
> On Wed, Jul 29, 2009 at 05:46:09PM -0400, Tyler Aviss wrote:
>> This might seem like a dump answer,but what about inserting sleep
>> commands into the script, etc?
>
> That doesn't actually give any idea how long the script code takes to run.
> The idea probably isn't to make it delay a lot, but to actually see how
> much time the script is actually using.  It can be hard to compare the
> efficiency of two pieces of script code if you machine is so fast that you
> can't tell.  On a slower machine you could tell which is more efficient.

This is what I'm after.  I would prefer to do this on my current
desktop just for convenience, but nothing has come up that sounded
like it fits so far.  Weird that no one wants to slow their computer
down, I mean what's up with that?

It occurs to me that I have a 1200MHz Celeron with an Asus motherboard
and what appeared to be a highly adjustable BIOS: I can probably get
it to run at 200MHz(?) and that might do the trick.

--
Giles
http://www.gilesorr.com/
gilesorr-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org