spam from cg.ca

D. Hugh Redelmeier hugh-pmF8o41NoarQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Wed Jul 29 03:03:47 UTC 2009

| From: Giles Orr <gilesorr-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org>

| Personally I'm happy to tell you who I am and give you my email
| address on my website.  But I'm less than enthusiastic about having
| random people on the internet being able to walk up to my front door.

For perhaps 15 years my signature line included my (home) phone
number.  I used this in Usenet news and mailing list postings.

I only remember one surprising call that came from this., and it was
OK.  Someone who owned the same modem asked for help by phone rather
than email or netnews.

I decided signature lines were a waste of bandwidth.