root partition move

Aviss,Tyler tjaviss-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Wed Jul 29 00:24:00 UTC 2009

Hey Rajinder,

Have you ever tried compiling a kernel? You could probably get away
with actually having a shared /boot between Linuxes, and common
kernel. If you just separate partitions for each OS that should work
well enough.

You may even be able to use a Ubuntu kernel in RedHat. My main concern
would be the initrd's. With a self compiled kernel you could likely
compile all drivers necessary for booting in and not need an unitrd at
all.

(sent from my phone, so please excuse the typos)