ntfs-3g vs. ext2ifs

William Muriithi william.muriithi-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Tue Jul 28 21:10:37 UTC 2009

Hi,

> > Thanks and cheers :-)
>
> The obvious answer would be: Use FAT32.

I second that.  The other reason why its the file system of my choice is
most video machines, car stereos and other portables seem to mount it
natively. The other file systems are not as widely supported, in my
experience at least.

> Sure you are limited to 4GB files, but that isn't usually a problem.

FAT32 has issues creating file system greater than 4 GB on windows. If you
create the partition and file system from Linux though, you can create go
past that limit, which mean it should not factor in on decision making

> --

William