[OT] Audiophile Question

Lennart Sorensen lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Mon Jul 27 16:35:56 UTC 2009

On Sun, Jul 26, 2009 at 06:23:37PM -0400, Stephen wrote:
> I figure there are a few techies here who can offer some solid opinions.
>
> I am upgrading my home office entertainment system. There are some nice
> sales going on. I got a super deal on an LG 42" TV and an ONKYO
> receiver. Also got a PS3 for the player and Linux device. OK, guess I am
> on topic a bit.
>
> Now, I have a large collection of vinyl. I have a vintage 1979 Dual 606
> turntable and Realistic 2-channel receiver.
>
> The ONKYO has no phono pre-amp.
>
> I could get a pre-amp and use the ONKYO, but the Realistic is still in
> great condition. I would like to continue using it, but would need
> something like an A/B switch to toggle between the left/right speakers
> on the two receivers.
>
> Has anyone ever done this? Is there a suitable A/B switch.

I think getting a phono preamp would probably be cheaper, and less
hassle and be much simpler to use.  Also takes a lot less space than
having two receivers around.

Who knows, but maybe you could use the other receiver somewhere else in
the house.

I personally don't think I would want a switch causing interence with
my speakers.

--
Len Sorensen