SIP on a Rogers data plan

Robert Brockway robert-5LEc/6Zm6xCUd8a0hrldnti2O/JbrIOy at public.gmane.org
Fri Jul 24 19:51:49 UTC 2009

Hi all.  I'm seriously considering buying a new SIP enabled 3G phone
(without a plan) and making my calls via SIP/RTP.  I already have an
Asterisk server and will put in my existing data sim.

So has anyone done this?  I saw reports of problems with SIP on the Rogers
network dating from 2007 and rumours that they were blocking parts of the
SIP protocol to make calls impossible.

I will be testing this on the weekend by making SIP calls from my laptop
over 3G but wondered if anyone actually has this working?

Cheers,

Rob

--
I tried to change the world but they had a no-return policy
Projected IPv4 exhaustion: http://www.potaroo.net/tools/ipv4/index.html