ot: Best URL Shortening Service?

Fri Jul 24 18:22:12 UTC 2009

On Fri, Jul 24, 2009 at 01:31:54PM -0400, Ivan Avery Frey wrote:
>What url shortening service would you recommend?

I wouldn't, but I do understand that that is not terribly helpful.  If
you are going to use one, follow a link created by that service while
watching your HTTP traffic - you will be able to spot obviously
nefarious or brittle behaviour pretty easily.

I generally create a URL shortening service native to the website if I
have long links on website I run, so that there is no middle man in the
process and some semblance of control.

For more on why they are/can be a problem, start here:

http://joshua.schachter.org/2009/04/on-url-shorteners.html
--

yours,

William