odd Internet experience?

Rajinder Yadav devguy.ca-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Sun Jul 19 23:31:17 UTC 2009

>> Why do page speed be different (only) on sourceforce?
>
> Because they use very heavy AJAX and IE has its own ideas on when the page is
> 'loaded' and displayable (breaking the standards as usual). An AJAX page of
> course never 'finishes' loading.
>
> Peter

OK I didn't know that about AJAX, then it makes sense what I am
seeing, thanks! You're right about IE8 ideas about when a page is
displayable, I noticed on Linux the page is displayed while the status
of the browser is showing it's downloading stuff. With IE8, it keeps
downloading stuff and then there is a painful wait before the display.

--
Kind Regards,
Rajinder Yadav