odd Internet experience?

Rajinder Yadav devguy.ca-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Sun Jul 19 23:06:31 UTC 2009

On Sun, Jul 19, 2009 at 5:55 PM, Peter<plpeter2006-/E1597aS9LQAvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> Many websites use lots of JavaScript and IE has its own way of handling this. If
> you want to see raw speed try Opera, it is recognized as the fastest browser out
> there. Many open source applications running on windows run much faster than the
> native m$ libraries based ones likely because the libraries of the open source
> programs are less bloated and make fewer stupid unneeded 'microsoft network'
> 'microsoft drm' 'microsoft whatever the cat brought in this week' lookups. A
> notorious one is the 'image view' application which takes as long to open a
> picture as it takes gimp to load all its extensions and open 10 or more
> images.
>
> For example it is notorious that certain registry entries made in a large
> registry will slow down IE and Word startup to the point where the system
> appears frozen for several minutes. The 'interesting' waiting hourglass that
> windows users can admire for several minutes upon logon has a similar
> explanation.
>
> Explaining this 'normal' state to users after reinstalling and cleaning the
> system is part of any windows technicians salesmanship, and part of the reason
> why I don't do that except for relatives, and only when I have to (I have a PC
> repairer, soft and hard - to component level, diploma since 1994, but I took
> it to certify my already old knowledge at the time).
>
>  Peter

Well I has just re-imaged my WinXP partition a week before installed
Kubuntu and notice the page load difference. I don't think SourceForge
is javascript heavy that's it's making the internet experience
different on Windows and Linux.

Why do page speed be different (only) on sourceforce?

--
Kind Regards,
Rajinder Yadav