OT - Apollo 11 replay...

Giles Orr gilesorr-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Sat Jul 18 18:50:47 UTC 2009

2009/7/17 Robert Brockway <robert-5LEc/6Zm6xCUd8a0hrldnti2O/JbrIOy at public.gmane.org>:
> On Fri, 17 Jul 2009, Colin McGregor wrote:
>
>> Ahhh ... kids these days, back in my day we didn't go to some piddling
>> space station a few hundred km. up, instead we went to the Moon up a
>> gravity well with a computer that had all of 16K memory ... and we
>> bloody well liked it ... :-) .
>
> 1st guy: In my day we went up a gravity well to get to the Moon and back!
>
> 2nd guy: Both ways!
>
> :)
>

> Too oblique?

Oh come on.  Monty Python is so embedded in the psyche of our entire
culture that I'm not sure there is such a thing as a "too oblique"
Python reference.  Hell, even "the kids these days" know Python
(Monty, not the language).  And besides, it made me grin.

No tea snorting though: we only do that for PostgresSQL.

--
Giles
http://www.gilesorr.com/
gilesorr-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org