OT - Apollo 11 replay...

Colin McGregor colin.mc151-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Fri Jul 17 17:53:48 UTC 2009

A website of interest to space flight junkies:

   http://wechoosethemoon.org/

The site does require Flash 10.

This site is playing audio recording from exactly 40 years ago today,
so you can hear the recordings of the first manned flight to the Moon.

Great stuff, but in one way it does make me feel old, as I remember
were I was on the evening June 20th 1969 (sitting in my Grandparent's
cottage near Ottawa along with a bunch of neighbours, all watching a
modest size B&W TV seeing pictures from the surface of the Moon).

Ahhh ... kids these days, back in my day we didn't go to some piddling
space station a few hundred km. up, instead we went to the Moon up a
gravity well with a computer that had all of 16K memory ... and we
bloody well liked it ... :-) .

Colin McGregor