tiny firewall boxes

Tyler Aviss tjaviss-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Tue Jul 14 15:19:09 UTC 2009

I have a Jetway motherboard with a VIA C-7 processor. I'm not sure of
the exact model but I believe it's been replaced with newer ones (I've
seen similar with an Atom instead of a C-7). The board has dual NICs,
and one legacy IDE interface which you could use with an IDE-CF
adaptor.

It's somewhat convenient since it comes with the board/cpu/NIC. Some
boards have integrated DC power jacks, or you can get an adaptor like
a PicoPSU, etc.

On Mon, Jul 13, 2009 at 10:56 AM, teddy mills<teddy-5sHjOODPK7E at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> I find myself having to install Linux firewall boxes in front on Window
> servers.
> (dont ask dont tell) I do not want big +bulky for the Linux firewalls.
> Smaller is better.
>
> I could use DLinks or Cisco/Linksys, but I know a Linux firewall would be
> better. (perhaps for cheaper in this case)
>
> Any ideas/urls for tiny form factors?

Tyler Aviss
Systems Support
LPIC/LPIC-2