Small January NewTLUG update

Colin McGregor colin.mc151-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Thu Jul 9 17:02:40 UTC 2009

Back in January when I did my talk on portable media players for
NewTLUG I noted that when it came to ripping commercial CD's on my
Linux machine I had run across a total of one "commercial" CD that had
not been in the CD database (http://www.freedb.org/) The non-listed CD
was from a Toronto concert, and that only some 200 copies of the CD
had been made. Thanks to my efforts that small run CD is now in the CD
database... :-) .

Any event, thanks to my brother (who has been teaching in South Korea)
I have now run across a 2nd commercial CD that is not in the CD
database, and I have not been able to enter the data into the
database... The CD is titled "Korea Team Fighting" and as far as I can
tell from the photos is a collection of songs to encourage / support
South Korea's national soccer team. So, not only can I not read most
of the information on the CD package but, the package lists four songs
while the CD player software shows 8 tracks.

Bottom line, in playing completist I would like "Korea Team Fighting"
in the FreeDB, but I need someone who can understand written and
spoken Korean...

Thanks.

Colin McGregor