Recommendations Please: Music Player and Library Manager

Stephen stephen-d-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Wed Jul 8 09:37:42 UTC 2009

ted leslie wrote:
> ubuntu is thinking of replacing RB with banshee,
> i still use amarok (even thou i love mono),
> but banshee has a lot of resources behind it,
> and is really getting better and better quickly,
> if ubuntu doesnt put  banshee in as the default for their next release,
> it will probably be the release after that.
> I am getting close to switching to Banshee, just not in any rush,
> but eventually I will , as it just has too much momentum to be ignored.

banshee started off looking good, I have encountered a serious problem.

For many CD's, banshee can't find the metadata. It found Diana Krall
just fine, Dead Can't Dance,
but it could not find Janis Joplin.

Importing that album results in "Unknown files" that get clobbered  by
the next unknown album. This
seems to be a serious bug (according to my Google searches).

Rythmbox never had a problem like this.

Any thoughts?

Thanks
Stephen