LFS

Chris F.A. Johnson cfaj-uVmiyxGBW52XDw4h08c5KA at public.gmane.org
Sun Jul 5 01:54:36 UTC 2009

On Sat, 4 Jul 2009, Rajinder Yadav wrote:

> Has anyone here built their own LFS system?
>
> I've started down this exciting road today and currently waiting for GCC to finish building =) ... I am deviating from the book slightly and picking up the latest packages where it makes sense. So far it seems pretty smooth sailing and I can't wait to get to the stage when I bootstrap the system after compiling a new kernel.
>
> I wonder if there is a local LFS user group?

   Gerard Beekmans, the author of the original LFS book lives in
   Toronto (at least he did a few years ago, having just moved here
   from Holland). He came to a party I gave some years ago (2001, I
   think). I had just built my LFS system and had been active on the
   mailing list.

   See <http://www.linux.com/archive/articles/6283>.

--
   Chris F.A. Johnson, webmaster         <http://woodbine-gerrard.com>