is anyone here using acanac.ca with linux ?

Lennart Sorensen lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Thu Jul 2 17:59:20 UTC 2009

On Thu, Jul 02, 2009 at 01:31:45PM -0400, Michael Lauzon wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 2, 2009 at 12:45, Lennart
> Sorensen<lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> > That's if you want mlppp using two lines for double the bandwidth of a
> > single line.  You only need mlppp on a single line to work around bell's
> > traffic mess.
> >
> > Teksavvy will do both things.  Two adsl links will of course cost twice
> > what one link costs.
> >
> > --
> > Len Sorensen
>
> So, what's better, MLPPP on a single line or get dual lines and put it
> on there, would dual lines give me faster speed?

Sure, two lines with mlppp gives you twice the speed.  Twice the speed,
twice the bandwidth quota, all on a single IP.

Both should (currently) prevent bell from messing with the bandwidth.

Of course if you don't already have two land lines to the house, the
price is higher I would expect, given Bell charges a line rental fee
for ADSL lines on lines that don't have phone service on them.
Cheaper than paying for the service on the line, but not nothing.

--
Len Sorensen