Disabling favicon errors

Ian Petersen ispeters-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Fri Jan 30 22:57:55 UTC 2009

I know next to squat about configuring Apache, so maybe there's a way
to selectively avoid logging certain errors.  However, I think
favicons are requested by the browser and Apache has to return 404 to
indicate "file not found".  Perhaps you can flip a switch that will
trick the browsers into caching the 404s for longer, or something, to
reduce the number of needless requests for a non-existent favicon, but
I don't know how to do that.

Ian