OT: Rogers PVR: A Question...?

ted leslie tleslie-RBVUpeUoHUc at public.gmane.org
Thu Jan 29 02:55:58 UTC 2009

i asked the rogers support in my area, they said no :(
they don't allow the box to use that.

i bought a haupaug HD capture device, captures mp4 then shots compressed over
usb to ubuntu,
captures 1080 res well, but its limited to component in, but atleast that
allows one to get by the DRM too.
so now atleast I can save my HD vids to my linux box,
and it takes only a small hit of distortion in the whole flow of things.

even if some how you can get more expansion, you'd still have to tackle the DRM think potentially.

-tl

ted leslie <tleslie-RBVUpeUoHUc at public.gmane.org>