firefox paste bug?

Scott Elcomb psema4-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Sun Jan 25 02:35:33 UTC 2009

On Sat, Jan 24, 2009 at 8:46 PM, Neil Watson <tlug-neil-8agRmHhQ+n2CxnSzwYWP7Q at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 24, 2009 at 08:37:39PM -0500, Scott Elcomb wrote:
>>
>> Most curious.  Out of curiousity, what version of FF and which OS are
>> you using?
>
> Debian testing.
> Package: iceweasel
> Section: web
> Installed-Size: 3900
> Maintainer: Eric Dorland <eric-8fiUuRrzOP0dnm+yROfE0A at public.gmane.org>
> Architecture: i386
> Version: 3.0.5-1
> Replaces: firefox (<< 2.0+dfsg-1), iceweasel-gnome-support (<=
> 3.0~b5-2), mozilla-firefox
[...]

I ran IceWeasel for a while (and rather enjoyed it) but don't recall
this issue.  I've seen something similar in IE6 under windows but
that's hardly relevant here.

Are you running any other browsers alongside Iceweasel?  If so which
ones and do they exhibit any abnormal behaviour as regards Copy &
Paste functions?  (Particularly interested in other FF derivatives.)

--
  Scott Elcomb
  http://www.psema4.com/