Keyboard shopping

Colin McGregor colin.mc151-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Sat Jan 24 20:18:24 UTC 2009

On 1/24/09, Neil Watson <tlug-neil-8agRmHhQ+n2CxnSzwYWP7Q at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> Are happy hacker keyboards still available?  I seem to be in the
> minority in preferring ergo split keyboards.  Unfortunately it is hard
> to find them with good mechanical keys.

The Happy Hacker keyboards are still available, but the company that
makes them seems to be focused on the Japanese market...

I have mixed feelings about the ergonomic split keyboards, I think
they look painfully ugly, but I find them very comfortable to type
on... Explains why I am typing this e-mail up on a Microsoft Natural
Multimedia Keyboard 1.0A (which I got on sale from one of the usual
College & Spadina suspects a few years ago for cheap). When it comes
to keyboards, ugly, but comfortable can work for me. Much as I detest
Microsoft software, they do have several hardware products that even
as a a Linux/Unix guy, I can/will praise :-) .

Colin McGregor