computer won't power up

William Muriithi william.muriithi-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Sat Jan 24 19:27:06 UTC 2009

Hi,

I hope this would not be looked at as hijacking a thread, the content are
the same and I think would be of interest to who ever is following the
thread. I am however not adding on assistance we have been giving to Daniel,
and to be frank, all that I could suggest has been put out already. I am
looking for view of a similar kind of problem I am having.

I am planning to set up asterisk and did what I now regret, bought
accessories from Tiger Direct and planned to assemble the thing. Looked easy
at that time, but now its giving me grief.

After assembly, the fans come up, the CD rom and is working, but their is no
signal to the LCD monitor. Nothing, even the LED on the monitor keep
flashing, indicating the monitor is unaware the computer attached to it is
booting up. The VGA is on the board, so I am finding it hard to figure out
what is going on.

Things I have tried. I have swapped around the RAM between the two slots.
That did not help. I also took the CPU out and carefully redid the assembly
again with no luck, nothing is happening in the monitor.

The motherboard is an A15G AM2 and a 64 bit AMD processor. I have also a
couple of other peripherals, an Intel PCI network card, a SATA disk and a
IDE CD rom. I am certain the peripherals has nothing to do with it as
nothing changes when I pull them out from the mother board.

>From this, is there any thing I have overlooked that you can point out. A
little lost and embarrassed to ask such a basic stuff.

Regards,

William