Keyboard shopping

Sat Jan 24 17:45:30 UTC 2009

On Sat, Jan 24, 2009 at 11:20:45AM -0500, Evan Leibovitch wrote:
> Well, it looks like I will be springing (pun intended) for a new
> keyboard after all.

> - Unicomp Customizer -- the modern version of the old IBM Model M
> keyboard legacy

I've got a Unicomp keyboard, and it is very, very nice.  It is very
crisp and positive.  The people who build them are good to deal with as
well - unfortunately I didn't get a Customizer.  There are some key
combinations/locations that are not permitted in the US 104 layout, and
the Unicomp enforces that.  So, if you get a standard keyboard thinking
that you can remap the keys any way you like, call them first to check.
Had I done so I would have had them build me a custom keyboard with my
keys all over the place the way I like them.  The switches and feel is
outstanding though.
--

yours,

William