OSM bits...

Merv Curley mervc-MwcKTmeKVNQ at public.gmane.org
Fri Jan 23 17:35:09 UTC 2009

On January 18, 2009, Colin McGregor wrote:

> Already much of Toronto has been mapped. Much of the mapping came off
> aerial photos, so one has a street grid without street names. Just
> printing off a map of an area which doesn't have street names, then
> going, collecting the names off road signs, then entering those names
> would be a great help. Further, there is a lot of room for additions,
> like where are the houses of worship, or schools, or fast food places,
> or arts centres or ... in an area. Toronto's downtown core is fairly
> well covered already, but as you get away from the core the room for
> improvement increases...

When I looked at my residential area I saw that almost no streets were named
and someone had entered 'fix-me' on some.  I figured I would do as you
suggest and add the names BUT
it seems to be a difficult involved process.  I haven't gone back to see if I
can figure out  'HOW-TO'. So in simple language
HOW-TO?

Regards

--
Merv Curley