computer won't power up

Daniel Armstrong dwarmstrong-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Fri Jan 23 01:33:04 UTC 2009

On Thu, Jan 22, 2009 at 5:10 PM, Madison Kelly <linux-5ZoueyuiTZhBDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> Lennart Sorensen wrote:
>> Pin 13 is ground.  Pin 14 is PS-ON.  Shorting PS-ON to ground makes an
>> ATX power supply turn on.  If it is not shorted to ground it turns off.
>>
>> So shorting pin 13 to 14 should make it be on.
>>
>> Power-OK is pin 8.  Don't mess with that.
>
> Dammit, I knew I shouldn't have posted this while being so tired. Sorry
> Daniel.

That's okay Madison... I don't even know how to short a PS to
ground... So no harm done. :-)

Bookmarked http://pinouts.ru/Power/atxpower_pinout.shtml for future
reference... Thanks!

Thanks for the replies. I just returned to checking out the machine...
and this time it actually started up! But it wouldn't post... So
turned off and back on and it started up again and this time I go into
the BIOS. Reset the time and watched it reboot and... no post. Reboot
and no post but the CAPS lock and scroll key LEDs blink... Perhaps its
taking issue with the PS2 keyboard for some reason.

Turn off and back on again... Now back to where things started with
the machine not turning on at all.

I will bring another known-good PSU as suggested and some keyboards
and mice over from my stash and see if that makes a difference.