Speakerphone for Ubuntu 8.10?

Lennart Sorensen lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Fri Jan 16 20:14:33 UTC 2009

On Thu, Jan 15, 2009 at 03:48:28PM -0500, Alex Beamish wrote:
> Possibly. That's not my concern right now -- the conference call is on
> Skype, so if I want to take part, a Skype-ing I will go. :)

Yeah I am not surprised.  Few people are willing to tell other people
they have made a bad choice.  I have never used skype and never will.

> Ekiga (formerly known as GnomeMeeting) looks interesting, and I'll try
> it out. Thanks for the suggestion.

You can even get a free sip id at ekiga.net.  And there are companies
that provide sip to land line interfaces which you can subscribe to and
ekiga supports that too.  So anything skype does, it does too, except
you get to choose your sip provide and sip to land line provider as you
wish.  And you don't do selfish things to the network either.

--
Len Sorensen