Speakerphone for Ubuntu 8.10?

Alex Beamish talexb-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Fri Jan 16 17:12:59 UTC 2009

On Thu, Jan 15, 2009 at 7:10 PM, Tyler Aviss <tjaviss-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org> wrote:

> I don't really want to start a flamewar here, but I've been noticing a
> lot of responses like this lately in the list. A well-intended
> suggestion is one thing, but a response such as "what you're using
> sucks, switch to what I'm using" isn't very productive, and doesn't
> really paint the group overall in a good light (these emails becoming
> part of a longer-term archive).

As it turned out, the Logitech USB headset I had didn't work well, but
amazingly enough the Microsoft USB headset that my wife had worked
flawlessly -- and I have the option of running the sound out to the
speakers. So the only downside would have been that my colleague could
have heard the call, but wouldn't have been able to speak.

Thanks for the alternatives -- it's always good to hear options, but
it's not usually pleasant to hear that the service mentioned 'sucks'.
Like they say in Texas, be sure your words are soft and sweet, in case
you are forced to eat them.

--
Alex Beamish
Toronto, Ontario