Unfortunate Ubuntu media coverage

Phillip Mills phillip.mills1-HInyCGIudOg at public.gmane.org
Fri Jan 16 16:22:29 UTC 2009

----- Message from plpeter2006-/E1597aS9LQAvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org ---------

> I can't help but ask myself, have you or your
> friends ever tried a Mac ?

If various definitions of freedom -- and applications requirements --
don't get in the way, then this has been my recommendation since the
origin of OS X.  I like the idea that I can choose from moment to
moment what level of abstraction I want to deal with.  If it's simply
using a program, fine.  If it's detailed configuration, that's also
available.

Yes, I use Linux too, but if I were ever limited to one computer, I
think the Mac choice would be the best way *for me* to satisfy all my
computing needs to some degree.