Speakerphone for Ubuntu 8.10?

Evan Leibovitch evan-ieNeDk6JonTYtjvyW6yDsg at public.gmane.org
Fri Jan 16 04:49:25 UTC 2009

Michael Lauzon wrote:
>> I skip all the mess completely by using Voip. Mine is by igonet.com. I'm
>> waiting for magicjack.com to come up with Canadian phone numbers.
>>
> http://www.themagicjack.ca/

I've looked all over the website and have a few questions for those
using (or investigating) Magicjack.

- How does Magicjack call numbers outside North America?

- What is the status regarding Canadian phone numbers? (Even Skype
doesn't have that yet.)

- And... does it work with Linux? The website seems to indicate that it
installs software when first plugged into a Windows system.

- What's the quality like? Not all VOIP is created equal. My experience
with Vonage was horrible and I dumped it after discovering Skype.

Thanks for any help. This does look interesting if answers to the above
questions are promising...

- Evan