RevCan and Linux/FireFox

Jon Thiele jthiele-bux5bdj6uGJBDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org
Sat Jan 10 15:52:55 UTC 2009

It looks like Revenue Canada is getting serious about the types of operating
systems and browsers they are going to support when you access your tax
information online.  Of course, our favourite O/S and browser isn't on the
that list.

Here is the message I received when I went to cra.gc.ca/myaccount and logged
in using Ubuntu 8.10 and FireFox 3.05:

"Important Notice: As of January 18, 2009, you will require a supported
operating system, browser, and Java Virtual Machine (JVM) combination to
access epass Canada. To find out if your system will be compatible, please
click on the epass Notifications link above for more information."

At one point, I thought that you tell FireFox to report false information to
websites like "NT 5.0, IE6.0" etc., but I can't find how to do this in the
latest version.