Linux drove me to get a Mac

Kamran Khan linuxdarkstar-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Sat Jan 10 03:55:35 UTC 2009

On 9-Jan-09, at 8:28 PM, Jamon Camisso wrote:

> Kamran Khan wrote:
>> Well the Open Source Community lives in one Universe the rest of
>> the world lives in another.
>
> Last time I checked, half the websites on the web use apache, and
> I'm sure almost every email you send passes through a mailserver
> running Linux somewhere along the line. Quite an intrusion of one
> universe into another.

You missed the point.  I am talking about the model the Open Source
Community wants the world to adhere to.  I don't want to go with this
endless banter with these silly counter points.  The only thing I
found interesting is that you would go and ask a chef for a valuable
recipe for free.  What kind of man doesn't even want to pay someone
for his work.  You people are scary.  If you want to be zealots of
Linux by all means huddle at the Linux Caffe, I'll gladly spend my
money at the Apple Store.  It is just operating systems to most
people.  You really don't know what you are talking about when it
comes to virtualization, Novell, cloud computing, IBM etc.  The reason
I say I do because I spent months with both of them and I have an
excellent idea of what they intend with all of the technologies
including Linux.  Furthermore I generally find that I have little use
for the banter on the LUG and in retrospect I should have not posted
anything that you Linux zealots find contrary to your cause.  Sit in
your Linux corner, let the Microsoft people sit in theirs, let the
Apple people in theirs.  I'll continue to bounce to better and better
platforms.