Tomcat Based Webmail

Zbigniew Koziol softquake-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Thu Jan 8 01:39:54 UTC 2009

Ansar Mohammed wrote:

> Hello All,
>
> I cant help but be impressed by slew of Tomcat applications that are
> so well written. Is there a central repository of Tomcat applications?
>
> Also, is there a tomcat webmail application?

Tomcat is a servlet web server. This is not a web server per se. If a
few requests come to Tomcat at the same time, expect with a great chance
disastrous results. Tomcat should be used together with apache. Apache
as a front end, sending requests to Tomcat, Tomcat answering and sending
results back to Apache.

Better go to PHP for webmail applications. Squirlmail is a good one. It
works with postfix.

zb.