OT: Internet at home without active phone line

CLIFFORD ILKAY clifford_ilkay-biY6FKoJMRdBDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org
Wed Jan 7 23:34:44 UTC 2009

S P Arif Sahari Wibowo wrote:
> On Mon, 5 Jan 2009, Lennart Sorensen wrote:
>> Well rogers cable can be very fast (downstream).  Of course there is
>> the dynamic IP (although it rarely changes) and the ban on running
>> servers and such, which teksavvy doesn't have. And you can get blocks
>> of static IPs on teksavvy.
>
> ... and Rogers blocks SMTP port...

They don't with the "business" service, not that it's worth anything
since many servers will reject mail originating from stmp servers on the
Rogers domain anyway. You shouldn't be rejecting Rogers on this basis.
Though TekSavvy will give you a static IP, I have no idea if they will
do reverse DNS for your domain. Without a reverse DNS, your mail will be
rejected by some servers, most of which you can't ignore. You can always
relay through your ISP's smtp server, though Rogers requires that you
"register" each of your email addresses with Yahoo before allowing that
(the better to spam you).
--
Regards,

Clifford Ilkay