Linux has driven me to buy Windows Vista

Tyler Aviss tjaviss-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Wed Jan 7 15:30:08 UTC 2009

I remember the old "Dungeons and Dragons" game being a real hoot.
Although after awhile part of the difficulty became getting around
with the old and worn controllers.

Who needs fancy graphics for a fun game? :-)

Another goodie was "mouse-trap" for Atari.

Anyone know what the legality of emulators+ROMS for these old games
would be? Would the copyright have expired on them (I believe that NES
is covered by it's been a long time since Intellivision/Atari produced
that stuff).

I think we're straying a bit off-topic from Linux, so I'll add to that:

Best emulators for 'nix:
Zsnes on 'nix is pretty good for most games. I believe you're still
legit if you own the original carts.
I've also used "epsxe" with some success. It can play PS games
straight from the CD. Some games where the graphics are better than
the original playstation on my PC graphics card :-)
For mame, "kxmame" or "gmame" are nice too.
Haven't tested anything for atari/intellivision though, but a lot of
those old games have been remade with clones anyhow.

- TJA