Linux has driven me to buy Windows Vista

Madison Kelly linux-5ZoueyuiTZhBDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org
Tue Jan 6 16:49:56 UTC 2009

James Knott wrote:
> Lennart Sorensen wrote:
>> On Tue, Jan 06, 2009 at 10:23:23AM -0500, JoeHill wrote:
>>> Oh yes they will. I remember _black and white_ TV. Vietnam War on
>>> black and
>>> white, actually. One of the first phrases I remember is 'body count'.
>>
>> I remember having black and white TV at home, with all 1 channels to
>> choose from (not much need for a remote then and no arguing over what to
>> watch).  And I am only 33.
>>

> We (living in Oakville) had 5 channels to choose from.  Then, when CFTO
> started, we had 6!

Pffft, I used to play Atari 2600 on my friend's 14" black and white TV.
Even in the house we only had three channels (in rural New Brunswick),
CBC English, CBC French and CTV. One day Global created a new channel,
MITV (Maritime Independent (??) TV) and 'lo, it was good!

Playing the "I am old" game is fun! :P

Madi, who goes back to plucking out gray hairs.