Linux has driven me to buy Windows Vista

Lennart Sorensen lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Mon Jan 5 23:55:27 UTC 2009

On Mon, Jan 05, 2009 at 06:52:18PM -0500, Michael Lauzon wrote:
> Not on retail shelves, I bought some of Loki's games at EB Games, and
> a few other places.  'Going out of business' is putting it
> nicely...seeing as how the bigwig of the company seems to have
> embezzled money from his own company.
>
> SDL is cool, I do wish more companies would look into using it....

If you say "screw directx" and use SDL instead with openAL and openGL,
then you get to compile essentially the same code for linux, OS X and
windows, and you get to cover the majority of machines out there.
Adding solaris and BSD isn't much more work either.

If you use directx, you get only one platform.

--
Len Sorensen