Linux has driven me to buy Windows Vista

James Knott james.knott-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Mon Jan 5 18:39:05 UTC 2009

Madison Kelly wrote:
> James Knott wrote:
>>> We're looking at getting a shared monitor specifically for the Wii
>>> and PS2. If/when we do, we'd get one with component as well. At the
>>> moment though, my monitor is a generic DVI.
>>
>> FWIW, I recently bought a 42" HDTV that can be used as a computer
>> monitor at up to 1600 x 1200.
>
> Wow, I'd have no idea where I'd even put something that big! :)

Mine's in the living room, across from the couch.  One thing about this
set, is it's easy to see who's putting out a crappy signal.  ;-)

While I haven't had an HDTV picture on it yet (real soon now), last
night I watched a wide screen DVD, which used a mode of 480P that
displays 16:9 pictures.  Even at that lower resolution, it was quite
impressive.

BTW, this is the first TV I've ever had, that came with an RS-232 serial
port!