Linux has driven me to buy Windows Vista

JoeHill joehill-R6A+fiHC8nRWk0Htik3J/w at public.gmane.org
Mon Jan 5 17:49:28 UTC 2009

Madison Kelly wrote:

> Michael Lauzon wrote:
> > On 05/01/2009, Madison Kelly <linux-5ZoueyuiTZhBDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> >> Really? Cool. How's the performance generally?
> >>

> >> Madi
> >
> > I have no idea, I play all games on Windows...don't currently have
> > anything Linux however I am thinking of building my own file server
> > and running Linux on it; if I can get some of the things I need for
> > the system I found in the hallway of my building as it needs a
> > vidcard, ram, HDD, DVD, and wiring...someone left the Pentium D & HSF
> > in it but I don't know if it POSTs -- as I need the aforementioned
> > items..
>
> I'm going to install Ubuntu on the machine this week, I will have to
> retry the EvE client and I'll try WoW on Cedega (they have a free
> trial?). If they work then Yup, I wasted my money. :P

WoW and almost anything else should work very well under Wine. I can run WoW
and even Spore, though Spore being relatively new it has some minor graphical
issues.

Building and installing the latest Wine is so simple on a Debian system a total
beginner could do it.

Cedega has never ever worked properly for me, much like any other proprietary
crap I've tried.