Linux has driven me to buy Windows Vista

Lennart Sorensen lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Mon Jan 5 17:36:24 UTC 2009

On Mon, Jan 05, 2009 at 11:45:33AM -0500, Evan Leibovitch wrote:
> I suspect that Microsoft will make it fairly painless to upgrade
> directly from XP to Windows 7, allowing a seamless leapfrog of Vista ...
> they can't risk pissing off even more users.

I wouldn't count on it.  You couldn't upgrade from 2k to vista, only
from XP.  An upgrade from vista to win7 will have a lot less driver
issues and such to worry about, and the majority of the application
compatibility issues would have already been solved on vista, while
things that work with XP might not work with either vista of win7, so
you get all those issues again.

Besides a fresh install of windows is still a good idea.  This isn't
Debian you are dealing with after all.

--
Len Sorensen