Linux has driven me to buy Windows Vista

Madison Kelly linux-5ZoueyuiTZhBDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org
Mon Jan 5 17:00:57 UTC 2009

Michael Lauzon wrote:
> On 05/01/2009, Madison Kelly <linux-5ZoueyuiTZhBDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org> wrote:
>> I decided to go Vista as I wanted a machine I'd not have to fuss with for a
>> few years, and XP (though still a much better OS than Vista!), is on the
>> back of the bell curve.
>
> I would have waited until Windows 7, seeing as how Vista is the new
> Millennium....

My system board cacked out, so I was building a new computer. I had
hoped to delay the upgrade for some time, but I had to rebuild it over
the weekend. If Windows 7 had been available...

In all fairness though, when I first used Vista (helping clients), I
couldn't believe how utterly terrible Vista was. However, SP1 seems to
have addressed a lot of the issues. I still am pretty frustrated with
how some things work (ie: auto-horizontal scrolling in windows
explorer), but it seems *much* more stable.

Madi