Linux has driven me to buy Windows Vista

Madison Kelly linux-5ZoueyuiTZhBDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org
Mon Jan 5 16:35:43 UTC 2009

Michael Lauzon wrote:
> You can play "EVE Online" under Linux, as well as World of Warcraft
> using Cedega...so really you wasted $160 for nothing.

I tried the Linux client for EvE and it crashed on close... I was never
able to even adjust the video settings. Apparently it doesn't work well
with ATI video cards. As for WoW, there were too many reports of
Cedega/Wine users getting banned because Blizzard detected hacks running
for me to be comfortable risking it.

If I could reliably play both under Linux, I would in a heart beat. The
truth of it though is that, for all Linux's strengths, gaming is not one
of them (yet).

Madi