Any ALSA experts here?

Lennart Sorensen lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Mon Jan 5 15:35:51 UTC 2009

On Fri, Dec 19, 2008 at 11:57:23PM +0000, Peter wrote:
> Usually you need to check for the special driver needed for the sound input
> device on the camera. It may or may not be supported. It depends on the chipset.
> Get the USB ID of the device(s) and check for compatibility on the net, or post
> the numbers here and we will try to look ... you want both the camera and the
> mike data (usually the mike is an unrecognized usb endpoint but it can be a
> separate device).

Well that camera happens to be UVC compliant (as well as UAC compliant
for the mic).

I am not sure it supports 8000hz operation though.

Try 44100 or 48000.

I am currently playing with a webcam myself with the same interface, and
having some issues that I just today discovered are apparently due to a
bug in 2.6.26, so on to something newer I go.

--
Len Sorensen