DLink DIR-625 Router

Colin McGregor colin.mc151-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Sun Jan 4 01:22:17 UTC 2009

On 1/3/09, Howard Gibson <hgibson-MwcKTmeKVNQ at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> On Fri, 02 Jan 2009 21:44:23 -0500
> James Knott <james.knott-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org> wrote:
>
>> > James,
>> >
>> >    That's right.  I can scan routers.  I have been logged into an
>> > encrypted router.  I simply cannot see the DLink one.  I tried with
>> > encryption off.  I tried to hide the wireless signal.  Nothing.
>> >
>> >    I can see the router's wireless light come on, but no blinking to
>> > indicate a connection.
>> >

>> It definitely sounds like a problem with the router. Did you try
>> resetting it to factory defaults?
>
> James,
>
>    Yes.  I just tried that.  still no wireless.

So, next idea would be to log in and look at configuration settings on
the router. I see on the D-Link website that the DIR-625 supports
802.11n, does your adaptor? Does the driver your using on your Linux
box know about 802.11n? Has wireless been turned off on the router?
Has the router been told to ignore any non-802.11n connection? If it
is an 802.11n type issue, can you set everything to use 802.11g?

Few ideas.

Colin McGregor