icecast2 server

Merv Curley mervc-MwcKTmeKVNQ at public.gmane.org
Fri Feb 27 21:42:15 UTC 2009

On Friday 27 February 2009, Neil Watson wrote:
> Is your goal to stream to multiple locations or pull a single stream
> upon request?  I tried Icecast long ago but abandoned after being
> unsuccessful.  I only wanted something I could query and stream for
> personal use so I went with gnump3d instead.

Well I have some 16 GB of CD's on a hard drive.  Since there are several
computers in the house along with one on the hi-fi system, I thought I would
like to just leave music running and be able to listen to it, where ever I
was in the mansion.

Darkice supposedly streams from the audio card so that means I could have my
music, web radio, anything I can listen to,  on the server computer.  Ices2
streams from playlists, which for me are impossible to generate due to trying
to generate items from long pathnames.

Since I have no experience in this field and help for setting icecast2 up
suddenly appeared, I thought I would try it.  I'll look at gnump3d, but all
my files are encoded in .ogg format.

So yes I guess I want to stream to multiple locations.

Thanks for the response and a pointer to something else.

regards

--
Merv Curley
Toronto, Ont. Can